Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Make New Friends But Keep the Old

Last night we had a visit from an old Air Force friend and his new wife as they drove (moved) from Alaska to Texas. We had a wonderful time visiting with Tony and Karen and it made me miss our ABM family terribly. We had such an amazing group of friends when we lived in Oklahoma and we haven't found anything like it since. That's not to say that we haven't found friends in other places, we have and they are wonderful, but this group is special and they will be a part of our lives forever. We have already been spread out all over the world but I hope that we will somehow, someday live close enough together to actually see each other more than once every 3 or 4 years.

I feel like my life gets so crazy that I often don't have time to stay connected to my friends but visiting with Tony and Karen last night reminded me just how important it is to make the effort. They remind me that life isn't as hard as it feels sometimes and that when it does become too much, my friends are there to support me, no matter how far away they live.

No comments:

Post a Comment